Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) is a train the trainer’s session to enable Primary Sencos to deliver staff training in their schools. It comes from Speech and Language UK. https://speechandlanguage.org.uk/dld-educational-support/
The focus of this session is on raising awareness of what DLD is and starting to look at how to identify and support these children and young people at school.
Free with SEND CPD Schools Package
We will cover the following:
• What is Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)?
• How many children and young people (CYP) are affected by DLD?
• Potential long-term impacts of DLD
• Universal practices to support all CYP
• Targeted and specialist support for CYP with DLD
• How to raise concerns
It is appropriate for Primary Sencos and Inclusion Managers. All the resources are downloadable to use.
This training will be delivered by a Haringey specialist Language Support Teacher and the Haringey lead DLD SALT.