This course will enable anyone involved in the planning and teaching of languages in a primary school to assess the suitability and effectiveness of their current scheme of work in relation to the KS2 Programme of Study.
In the session, we will examine what the progression of Key Stage 2 language learners looks like in practice and will include:
· Ensuring that your primary languages curriculum is ambitious and coherently planned and sequenced
· Examining the attainment targets of the KS2 Programme of Study
· Suggesting what language learning looks like in each year group of KS2
· Discussing how to select the content of a scheme of work to ensure substantial progress
· Exploring ways to assess and record progress
Many of the examples will be in French but the activities will be appropriate for most languages.
Trainer: Sue Cave