This one-day accredited course gives school/education staff recruiters the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and comply with relevant statutory guidance. It is suitable for all in the education sector who are involved in staff selection.
Delegates on this accredited Safer Recruitment in Education course, by Ann Marie Christian, will consider the issues through presentations, case examples and group discussion. Delegates will complete four modules and an eighteen question multiple-choice assessment and receive a certificate of attendance and course completion.
This course is accredited by the Safer Recruitment Consortium.
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
By the end of the courses, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt
- Begun to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safe
Trainer: Ann Marie Christian